Advocacy, community, promotion, literary events & opportunities for BAME/POC writers with a connection to Scotland.
New site coming soon!
Subscribe to stay notified of events, opportunities & news we post on our site
BAME/POC writers in or from Scotland or with a Scottish connection – join our Facebook group for opportunities & more!
EDI Scotland and the Scottish BAME Writers Network have partnered up and co-produced a survey to capture the perceptions and experiences of BAME people who are engaged, or wish to engage, in Scotland’s literary sector. Find out more information. Fill out the survey here!
We’re excited to announce new paid opportunities… We’re looking for:
- a part-time bookkeeper – full details (5hrs/month)
- a web developer – full details (would suit a freelancer or small agency)
We’re committed to promoting diverse, equal & inclusive spaces and we welcome all backgrounds, all ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, religions and beliefs. We particularly encourage underrepresented communities to apply, including but not limited to people from BAME/BIPOC, LGBTQ+, &/or disabled communities, women, ‘working class’ &/or non-binary people.
If you know someone who would be interested in one of these positions, please share this page, or share this Twitter post.
Please email us ScotBAMEWriters@gmail.com if you:
- Are holding a Scotland-based event featuring or for BAME/BIPOC writers
- Have a submission, award, job or other opportunity open to BAME/BIPOC writers
- Have a submission, award, job or other opportunity and you are encouraging writers from underrepresented communities to apply/submit